All incidents relating to CTP need to be reported to the Police within 24 hours.
Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance Help protects you in the event of compensation claims for personal injury after a car accident.
If you've been involved in an accident you should record your version of the incident as soon as possible to help with your claim, as time limits apply for making CTP insurance claims.
Are you injured and not the at fault driver?
To record your version of the incident you should complete a Notice of Accident Claim Form. To get a form you can:
- call us on (07) 3893 9001
- visit —the Motor Accident Insurance Help Commission (MAIC)—to download one.
You should also:
- have your doctor complete the medical certificate section. This must be sent to the CTP insurer of the at fault vehicle within 9 months of you first being aware of any injuries
- the MAIC CTP Claims Helpline on 00 302 568 if you don't know who their insurer is. If the at fault vehicle is uninsured, unregistered or cannot be identified, the claim may be made against the .
Are you injured and the at fault driver?
If you're covered by our At Fault Driver Injury Insurance Help policy, within 30 days of the incident you should send a completed Notice of Accident Form to:
CD Insurance Help
PO Box 3004
Logan City DC QLD 4114
Retain all of your motor vehicle repair documentation and/or claim details.
Are you the at fault driver and someone else is hurt?
- Make sure you provide your insurance details to the injured parties and collect theirs.
- The injured party will complete and lodge a Notice of Accident Claim Form with us, your CTP Insurer.
- We will then you to complete the claims process.